Careers at PW
At Prothro, Wilhelmi and Company, we believe that having strong ethical and eternal values will create infinite potential for our clients and our staff.
As our firm continues to grow, we look for qualified individuals to join our dynamic team. Prothro, Wilhelmi and Company is devoted not only to its clients but also to its employees. We take great pride in our staff and believe that successful client relationships begin with them. We are dedicated to our employees and support their personal and professional development. Our employees strive to provide the highest levels of service possible to our clients, while maintaining a positive work-life balance.
Prothro, Wilhelmi and Company offers a variety of positions and welcomes all types of interests in the field of accounting. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package, incentives to enhance professional development, and an exceptional work environment.
If you are looking to pursue a career in accounting please submit your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Senior Associate - Tax
Prothro, Wilhelmi and Company, PLLC, a reputable public accounting firm in Tyler, Texas, is seeking a focused and practiced Certified Public Accountant. Our firm offers a variety of quality professional services including tax, accounting, auditing, consulting, and reporting services to businesses and individuals. We offer an opportunity for leadership and career advancement with competitive compensation and a benefits package in a beautiful work environment.
- Active CPA designation with three to five years of public accounting experience, preferably specializing in federal and state income tax preparation
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of building new and existing client relationships
- Strong team management, training and coaching skills
- Proficiency in tax software, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong organization, time management and interpersonal skills required
- QuickBooks Consulting experience a plus
- Professional demeanor towards duties and responsibilities, particularly with regard to independence, professional ethics and the exercise of professional judgement required
Preferred, Not Required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Preparation and review of federal and multi-state income taxes for individuals, businesses, benefit plans, real estate, and exempt organizations
- Prepare tax projections and other tax planning strategies
- Research complex tax issues using internet research services
- Preparation of various written correspondence/guidance/rulings and other documents for submission to IRS or any other federal or state agency
- Manage multiple clients, budgets and production goals
- Develop new client relationships, maintain personal networks, and participation in civic, business, and professional organizations
- Train, develop and evaluate other staff’s work
- Use research services to increase technical knowledge and provide valuable services to clients